Buying your new Green Spinnaker home
Green Spinnaker and their professional partners aim to guide you through the Buying Process to make it as straightforward as possible.
We are bound by the Consumer Code for Homebuilders to ensure that all buyers:
- Are treated fairly
- Know what levels of service to expect
- Are fully informed about their purchase and consumer rights
- Are provided with a speedy low cost resolution scheme to deal with complaints
A copy of the full code can be downloaded here
The following details the steps involved in the buying process:
Step 1 – Register your interest
You can register your interest in any of our current or future new homes by filling in the form on this page, on social media or by calling 0333 358 3558. This will ensure that you are the first to hear about new developments and plot releases.
Step 2 – Reserve your home
Once you have chosen your perfect Green Spinnaker Property we will help you to fill in a written reservation agreement and request a reservation fee. This agreement will give details of:
- The reservation fee payable (normally £500)
- A description of the Property you wish to reserve
- The Purchase Price we have agreed
- A due date for Exchange of Contracts. This is usually 28 days after the reservation date. In order to meet this date it is important that you complete Steps 4 to 6 in a timely manner.
We will also provide:
- Details of the NHBC Warranty Cover
- Costs and Details of the management services that you as the buyer will be committed to.
- A full specification of your chosen Property
- Contact details for the team at Green Spinnaker and any relevant partners
- Health and Safety advice regarding visits to the site.
Step 3 – Arrange your mortgage
If you do not already have a Financial Advisor then we are happy to recommend one who can provide friendly impartial advice and to guide you through the mortgage process.
Step 4 – Instruct a Solicitor
We are happy to provide details of local solicitors who can provide conveyancing services for the purchase of your new Green Spinnaker property and sale of your existing home if appropriate.
Step 5 – Get a valuation and survey
Your mortgage company will usually insist on a valuation and survey on your new Green Spinnaker property.
Step 6 – Exchange Contracts
When your solicitors are happy that all legal work has been completed and you have received your mortgage offer, our solicitor will be able to exchange contracts . At this time we will require a 10% deposit. we will use the reservation fee that you have made as a contribution towards this deposit..
Step 7 – Personalisation
Specification changes to your property will depend on the stage of construction at the time that you exchange. We will do our best to accommodate requests with regards to finishes and equipment supplied. Extras must be paid for at the time that they are ordered.
Step 8 – Build Progress Updates
We will keep you informed with build progress regularly so that you can plan your move to your new home. They will also be able to answer any queries you may have.
Step 9 – Tour of your New Home
On an agreed date before completion we will arrange a full tour of your new property including instruction on the heating and hot water controls and kitchen appliances. We prefer to do this a few days before your moving in date because we know that the day can be stressful.
Step 10 – Complete and Move in
As soon as the monies have been received by our solicitor we will hand over the keys and you are free to move in to your new Green Spinnaker home when you wish.
Step 11 – Warranty
We pride ourselves on our after sale service. For your peace of mind, your home is covered by a 10 year NHBC warranty.
Further Help & Information
Please call 0333 358 3558 for further information.